Thursday, September 7, 2017

Day 9 on meds - Thursday

We started the morning again with the, "I don't wanna go to school" song. It is going to be a really long school year if every day starts that way. I told him if school was really that bad and he wanted to make the decision to end his school career at 2nd grade it left little options for what he was going to do with his life and if that was the decision he was going to make he would have to come with me to the lice clinic and I would teach him how to clean the shop and as he got better and taller he could help people with lice removal but that would be his option if he decided not to go to school anymore.

His response: "Fine I'll go to school."

I said if that is his choice then I would like to start each day happy and not with the, "I don't wanna go to school."

He said, "We'll see. I'll try."

The rest of the day that I spent with him before and after school he was just a happy boy. Had a snack after school. Looked at a photo essay with me that showed postcards from the 1950's and 1960's Poconos resort and then the photographer went back today and took photos in the same places to show how they have fallen in disrepair. He was very focused going through the essay. It totally kept his attention and he had very interesting ideas on what they could do with these beautiful spaces.

I didn't ask about his tics or anything like that.

I'm very anxious to see if he is back to the no school thing in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Day 9 on meds - Thursday

We started the morning again with the, "I don't wanna go to school" song. It is going to be a really long school year if every...